Gender Equality Implementation in Research Institutions: Collaborative Approach
GEIRICA - Gender Equality Implementation in Research Institutions: Collaborative Approach project is financed by EEA and Norway Funds Bilateral programme for 2009 – 2014. It aims at strengthening the cooperation between Lithuania and donor countries for ensuring gender equality in research institutions. The project is targeted to different activities ensuring extension of cooperation, sharing knowledge and mutual understanding and making wider effects to the solution problems in the field. On the basis of practices gained by donor countries (Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein) the unified mechanisms for collaboration of stakeholders (scientists, high level executives of research institutions and science policy making bodies) supporting effective implementation of structural change aiming assurance the gender equality in research organizations will be worked out and recommendations to Lithuania will be developed. The GEIRICA project started during Lithuanian presidency to EU Council. Therefore some of GEIRICA project objectives/ activities are linked to FP7 project SAPGERIC, aiming at organizing LT presidency Conference “Structural change promoting gender equality in research organizations”. The GEIRICA partner’s initiative to develop recommendations on gender in science issues for international and regional EU programmes (EAP and EUSBSR) and lobbing for turning on gender related topics into Action plans is also among those shared with SAPGERIC topics. The results of the project will work out added value for development of bilateral relations in Lithuania and other participating countries throw enhancing mutual understanding among scientists and policy makers and inspiring them for new common initiatives.
Goal of the project:
GEIRICA project aims at strengthening the cooperation between Lithuania and donor countries for ensuring gender equality in research institutions
- On the basis of good practices gained by donor countries (Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein) to work out unified mechanisms for collaboration of different level stakeholders (scientists, high level executives of research institutions and science policy making bodies) supporting effective implementation of structural change aiming assurance the gender equality in research organizations and recommendations for adoption them to Lithuania;
- Development recommendations on gender in science issues for running EU programmes and lobbing (debates with policy makers involved in coming regional EU programs) turning on gender related topics into Action plans;
- Provide dissemination activities: a) taking active part in organization of high level LT Presidency conference “Structural Change Promoting gender Equality in Research Organizations”; b) creating movie for lowering resistance to the structural changes in the scientific community; c) providing dissemination campaign on the topic in the partner countries;
21-22 of November 2013
the Conference “Structural Change Promoting Gender Equality in Research Organizations” was held (http://www.sapgeric.eu2013.vu.lt/)
27-28 of February 2014
in Trondheim Norwegian partners organized discussions on the measures taken for supporting the structural change on all levels in Norway.
8‐9 of April 2014
The meeting in the Nordic House of Reykjavik was organized by partners from Iceland University. The n meeting was devoted to share the good practice used when implementing structural change in Iceland University. The meeting was devoted to share the good practice used when implementing structural change in Iceland.
5-6 May 2014
Meeting of Liechtenstein and Lithuanian partners was arranged in Lichtenstein University.
15-16 of January 2015
GEIRICA closing conference “SUSTAINING GENDER EQUALITY IN RESEARCH AND INOVATION” was organized in Vilnius http://www.sapgeric.eu2013.vu.lt/geirica-closing-conference/
THE CONCEPT OF SURVEY & OBTAINED RESULTS
The sociological survey aiming the creation of empyrical –informational background for starting structural change promoting gender equality in research organizations in Lithuanian was performed by GEIRICA Lithuanian partners team.
Here below please find Lithuanian language version of survey concept and methodology used as well as results of the study..
THE PROJECT “GENDER EQUALITY IMPLEMENTATION IN RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS: COLLABORATIVE APPROACH“(GEIRICA) UNDER THE 2009-2014 EEA AND NORWAY GRANTS NATIONAL BILATERAL COLLABORATION PROGRAM NR. EEE-NOR-LT01-FM-TF-001
Means of inducement of motivation for starting structural change on national and on institutional levels REPORT Dr. Aurelija Novelskaitė and Dovilė Giedraitytė Vilnius University
Links to other project publications :
- Dalia Šatkovskienė.Universitetų modernizacija neatsietina nuo lyčių lygybės moksle (Universitas Vilnensis, 2015 Nr1(1727), psl. 12, http://www.vu.lt/naujienos/laikrastis-universitas-vilnensis
- Agnė Ranonytė.Ir moksle ieškok moters (Verslo žinios, 2015.01.23, Nr.12 (4285), http://vz.lt/article/2015/1/30/ir-moksle-ieskok-moters
- Dalia Šatkovskienė. Šiuolaikiškas požiūris į lyčių lygybę moksle, straipsnis žurnale „Spectrum“, Nr. 1 (22), 2015, (pateiktas spaudai) http://naujienos.vu.lt/spectrum/
- BASNET Forumas launched GEIRICA project, EPWS Newsletter, Issue 35, May 2014, http://home.epws.org/filter/newsletterarchive/EPWS-Newsletter
- Information about GEIRICA closing conference „Sustaining Gender Equality in Research and Innovation““ (bus išleistas EPWS Newsletter, Issue 37, April 2014, http://home.epws.org/filter/newsletterarchive/EPWS-Newsletter
- “Vilnius Recommendations 2013″ (http://www.sapgeric.eu2013.vu.lt/recommendations/).
- The worked out movie on hidden discrimination in science “Striving for awareness” http://www.sapgeric.eu2013.vu.lt/striving-for-awareness-the-movie/ targeted to lower the resistance to structural change in research organizations was developed;
Institute of Theoretical Physics and Astronomy
A. Goštauto St. 12, 01108 Vilnius, LITHUANIA
GEIRICA project coordinator Assoc. Prof. Dalia Satkovskiene
E-mail : email@example.com